Gluten Free Burgers
Gluten Free Burgers – the easiest burgers ever! Made with pre-made burger patties. Leveled up with pimento cheese on top!
No need to over-complicate the burger patties…
Hear me out. I have tried mixing a ton of ingredients into burgers to add more flavor. And it makes a huge difference when it comes to turkey burgers.
But with regular burgers? Seasoning the outside of the burger patties is all you need. Which is a huge win on my book. Mixing and forming burger patties is one of my least favorite jobs in the kitchen.
The perfect burger seasoning blend: smoked paprika and Montreal steak seasoning. The smoked paprika adds smoky bacon-like flavor. The Montreal steak seasoning serves adds all the remaining seasonings that go well with red meat.
Burger toppings are important…
I go simple with the burgers because the toppings are where it’s at.
- Cheese: I love to top my burgers with pimento cheese. Prepare to have your life changed if you’ve never tried burgers this way. The pimento cheese adds a ton of flavor. And it creates a super creamy melt over the top of the burger. I use store-bought pimento cheese. My favorite is Palmetto Cheese because it melt’s the best. But you can also get pimento cheese from Aldi, Publix, or Costco!
- Pickles: Dill pickles are 100% the way to go. If you have been putting bread and butter pickles on your burgers, it’s time to change. It makes the burgers taste like they are from a restaurant. My favorite pickles are Aldi’s hamburger dill pickle chips. They are crunchy, super thin, and have the perfect flavor.
- Pickled onions: This is another source of flavor. My no cook pickled onions are so easy and can be made ahead of time!
- Lettuce: Shredded iceberg lettuce is the way to go!!! Also makes the burgers taste like they’re from a restaurant.
- The bun: My favorite gluten free bun is from Udi’s! But you can use a brioche bun if you aren’t gluten free.
What to serve with these gluten free burgers?
This strawberry goat cheese salad is amazing if you want something lighter!
Other gluten free recipes:
Watch the recipe video here:
Gluten Free Burgers
The easiest burgers ever! Made with pre-made burger patties. Leveled up with pimento cheese on top!
1 pound ground beef patties (~4 patties)
Montreal steak seasoning
1/2 cup pimento cheese (store bought or homemade)
4 buns (gluten free or brioche)
Dill pickle chips
Shredded iceberg lettuce (about 1/6 of a head)
1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pickled onions (or 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced)
Ketchup and mustard
Season both sides of the burgers with Montreal Steak Seasoning and smoked paprika.
Prepare the grill for medium direct heat.
Grill or broil the burgers for 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare, turning once.
About 1 to 2 minutes before the burger is finished, spread about 2 tablespoons of pimento cheese on top and cover the grill with the lid. Let the cheese melt until the point when it’s about to drip down the burger.
Serve immediately with buns, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, and pickled onions.