Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip – a deconstructed jalapeno popper with a crispy topping! This is an easy crowd pleasing appetizer!
This is like a bacon jalapeno popper in dip form. But it’s so much easier and quicker than making individual jalapeno poppers.
Is this bacon jalapeno popper dip spicy?
No! It’s not spicy because I use half jalapenos and half poblano peppers. Plus I remove the seeds from both the jalapeno and poblanos.
You can use all jalapenos if you want it to be spicy. I would use 4-5 jalapenos total. And you can leave the seeds in if you want it even spicier!
Should I use fresh jalapenos or cooked jalapenos in the dip?
I like the jalapenos to have a little crunch to them! Because it helps break up the texture from all creaminess. So I don’t precook the jalapenos. I chop up fresh jalapenos and poblanos very small and add them into the dip. They get tender enough in the oven.
How big of a serving dish should I use?
I prefer a 9-inch pie dish for this dip. But you can use any size baking pan. I wouldn’t go larger than a 9×13-inch baking dish.
The large size pan you use, the shorter the baking time.
How to make this dip gluten free?
The only gluten part of this recipe is the topping.
You can leave off the topping completely and the dip would still be great!
Or you can use these crackers in the topping to make it gluten free.
What to serve with this bacon jalapeno popper dip?
I like fritos the best! Specifically frito scoops. They hold a good amount of dip. And they’re super sturdy which is great because they don’t break when you go in for a big scoop of dip.
You could also use toasted baguette slices or tortilla scoops!
I wouldn’t do ritz crackers though. The dip has a topping made of grated parmesan cheese and crushed ritz crackers. So it would be a lot of ritz if you served this dip with them too.
Looking for more delicious appetizers?
Try this whipped goat cheese dip with dates and bacon! It’s a deconstructed version of the popular bacon wrapped date appetizer!
We also love these cheesy puff pastry wrapped sausages!
Watch the recipe video here:
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 1 (12 oz) package bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled (save a little to the side for topping!)
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise (you can sub sour cream)
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced (about 1 bunch), save some for topping!
- 3 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 poblano pepper, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
For the topping:
- 2 (13 cracker packets) ritz crackers, crushed (~1 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15.5 oz) party size bag Frito scoops, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Transfer cream cheese mixture to a 8×8-inch dish or pie dish.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.
- Bake the dip for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Tent with foil after 25 minutes if the ritz are getting too browned. Remove from oven and garnish with extra crumbled bacon and green onions.
- Serve with frito scoops or ritz crackers