One Pot Lasagna
One Pot Lasagna – the easiest lasagna you will ever make. Made on the stovetop, in one pot, you don’t have to boil any noodles, and no layering required.
Can you make lasagna on stove?
Yes! You can! And it takes all the effort out of making lasagna. No boiling the noodles separately, no layering, just one skillet, on your stovetop and made in about 30 minutes. It turns your favorite Sunday dinner into a delicious weeknight meal.
Can you cook lasagna without boiling?
I don’t cook the noodles before adding them to the sauce in this recipe. I break each lasagna noodle into 3 or 4 pieces. Then stir them into the meat mixture so they are completely covered in sauce. The noodles cook as the lasagna bakes in the oven.
Can this one pot lasagna be made vegetarian?
Just leave out the ground beef from the sauce if you want this dish to be vegetarian. You could also add some chopped vegetables to the sauce in addition or in replacement of the meat. Chopped zucchini, red bell pepper, carrots or mushrooms would all be great.
What to serve with this one pot lasagna?
Make some roasted broccolini or this lemon parmesan asparagus. Or this artisan bread if you want something scoop up all the sauce. Store bought garlic bread would work as well if you’re making this on a weeknight.
One Pot Lasagna
The easiest lasagna you will ever make. Made in one pot, you don’t have to boil any noodles, and no layering required.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
2 (24 ounce) jars tomato sauce
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 oz cream cheese
8-9 no boil lasagna noodles
6-8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
fresh basil and parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof pot, add the olive oil, onion and garlic to the pan; saute for 5 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Add the ground beef with salt and pepper and brown until no longer pink. Drain off all the excess grease.
- Add the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes to the meat in the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat. Stir in the cream cheese, brown sugar, and parmesan until cream cheese melted.
- Break each of the lasagna noodles into 3 or 4 pieces. Stir them into the meat mixture so they are completely covered in sauce, and arrange them so that they are all laying flat in the pan.
- Place a few slices of fresh mozzarella between the noodles, and place the remaining slices of fresh mozzarella on top. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, and serve with a side salad or garlic bread.
[this isn’t a sponsored post, there are a few affiliate links above based on things I purchase on my own and love]
Thanks Sheenam! We can’t wait for you to try them either!! 🙂