Baked Boursin Spaghetti Squash
Baked Boursin Spaghetti Squash – like baked feta pasta! Except with boursin instead of feta. And spaghetti squash instead of pasta.
Boursin cheese is a new (to me) ingredient I’ve been experimenting with recently. I’ve been loving it because it has so much flavor. So you don’t have to add any seasoning to the dish. It does all the flavor heavy lifting for you.
It started with this crispy baked boursin. It’s a great quick & easy appetizer.
And today, we’re putting boursin in spaghetti squash!
These spaghetti squash boats are like baked feta pasta
Except we’re using boursin instead of feta. Because I like the flavor of boursin in pasta over feta. And spaghetti squash instead of pasta. For a healthier dinner with a ton of vegetables.
This recipe is so easy it barely even needs a recipe
It’s so easy and made with a few ingredients.
The cherry tomatoes and boursin creates a 2 ingredient pastas sauce after it’s baked. It has so much flavor. Griffin happily eats this (and he doesn’t even like spaghetti squash)!
Any boursin cheese flavor works!
I have even used the dairy free boursin.
You could also use feta if you can’t find boursin.
If you want some extra protein…
Diced/sautéed Italian chicken sausage or andouille sausage is my favorite.
What to serve with this baked boursin spaghetti squash?
Roasted broccoli or a caesar salad would go great.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5.2 oz) package garlic and herb boursin cheese
- 2 links andouille pork or chicken sausage, diced (about 3 ounces)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke slits all over the spaghetti squash skin with a knife. Microwave the whole spaghetti squash for 3-4 minutes so it’s easier to cut.
- Let cool for a couple minutes. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out and throw away the seeds/ribbing.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, place the spaghetti squash inside facing up.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the spaghetti boats. Drizzle some olive oil over the cherry tomatoes.
- Rub olive oil on the sides of spaghetti squash.
- Season with garlic powder and salt.
- Crumble 1/2 of the boursin cheese round into each of the spaghetti squash boat.
- If using, top with 1 diced sausage link and 1 tablespoon of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes, or until the spaghetti squash around the rim is tender when you stick a fork in the spaghetti squash and the strands come apart easily.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a fork to mash the tomatoes and boursin cheese together into a sauce. Slowly scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash, mixing in with the sauce a little at a time.
- Serve out of the boats! Or dump into a bowl to serve.